Our newest advent calendarBy Veronique Christensen — Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
It took a while, but I finally got our newest advent calendar up last night. Unfortunately, Bjørn couldn’t get to sleep so I ended up going to be without wrapping and packing the chocolates I’d bought (small santas, wreaths & present shapes).
While time consuming, this was easy to make.
- card stock
- craft glue
- a glue gun & glue sticks
- hole punch
- paint brush
- Paint the numbers 1 through 24 in the center of your sheets and sprinkle with glitter (with a bit of experimentation you should be able to get them centered so the paper ends don’t wrap too close as mine did)
- Let dry
- Wrap your paper into a cone shape & secure with your glue gun since that will be a stronger bond than regular craft glue.
- Trim the tops of your cones
- Punch holes on either side of your cones so that the numbers are centered between them
- Sting together with your ribbon
- Fill with goodies
I think what I like best about this Advent calendar is that it is sturdy enough to last for years to come, and they will store nicely since all the cones will fint into each other. If I were to do this one again, I would probably cut my card stock in half to make smaller cones, mine are quite large & take up an entire wall.
If you are looking for more advent inspiration, you’ll find good advent project links to bookmark here.